Matthew: The King and His Kingdom
ThursdayS 6:30 - 8:30 PM
Length: 24 Sessions
Start Date: September 22
Facilitator: Rudy Molleda, 830-981-9786
Room: 136 Family Life Center
Presenter: Jeff Cavins
To register for this study, submit the form below.
Matthew, The King and His Kingdom explores the life and mission of Jesus as recorded in the Gospel. Matthew demonstrates how the promises and prophecies of the Old Testament are fulfilled in Christ, who establishes a New Law and inaugurates the Kingdom of Heaven on earth. Participants will see Jesus as the awaited Messiah who relives the life and struggles of Israel to become the faithful and victorious King. Set in the rich context of Jesus' Jewish culture, this study will help participants understand who Jesus is and what his life and teachings mean for us today. Matthew is an ideal follow-up study to the basic narrative of Scripture taught in The Bible Timeline study.
- See Jesus as the Son of David, the Son of Abraham, the New Moses, the True Manna, the New Temple—and learn what this means for us today.
- Learn how Jesus reconstituted the struggling kingdom of Israel around Himself and opened the Kingdom of God to all people.
- Witness how Christ established his Church with the Twelve Apostles, and Peter as his vicar.
- Discover the roots of the sacraments, and see how Jesus' words and actions are reflected in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
- Watch Jesus relive the history of Israel as the obedient Son who trusts the Father, defeats hell and the rises to new life.
SHOP FOR STUDY GUIDE:
A study from Ascension Press Bible Studies. With the purchase of a study guide, you will have online access 24/7 to streaming videos for this DVD study series during the course of the study. Shop for study guide and view short trailer of this study HERE.