Position: PARISH OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
Organization: St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church, 202 W. Kronkosky, Boerne, TX 78006
Supervisor: Father Norman A. Ermis, Pastor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Introductory Period: Incumbent will be evaluated for continued employment after 6 months in position.
Under the Pastor’s guidance, this position is responsible for the effective planning, directing and execution of parish management functions: finance, human resources, facilities, communications, technology, office administration, pastoral care, faith formation, community services partnerships, and others as may be assigned. Directs and leads parish staff in performing duties that enable and support accomplishment of the Pastor’s responsibilities to the parish. Collaborates with the Pastor and other parish advisory groups to facilitate appropriate parish governance. Assures compliance with local, state and federal laws/regulations, and with diocesan rules, regulations and policies. Naturally employs a servant leader approach that positively reflects the mission of St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church.
- Assists the Pastor in establishing and executing parish goals and objectives, including budget preparation and management, in collaboration with the Pastoral Council, ministry leaders and parish staff.
- Collaborates with the Pastor, Senior Advisory Group, Finance Council, Pastoral Council and staff in performing parish governance requirements.
- Performs all human resources leadership and administration functions including: HR policy and procedures, recruitment and employment, organization development, training, coaching, mentoring, employee relations, performance management, compensation, payroll and benefits.
- Ensures all communications among pastoral staff, ministries, parishioners and community organizations reflect Church practices and parish mission appropriately and accurately, including the parish bulletin. Conducts regular and effective staff meetings and monitors accountability of staff for goals achievement.
- Builds a cohesive and respectful team of parish staff, providing them with systematic training and development opportunities that enable continuous personal and professional growth.
- Supervises the accurate and timely preparation of financial transactions including: accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking and payroll reconciliations; ensures each is properly recorded.
- Provides oversight of the Annual Archbishop’s Appeal Campaign and assists with Capital Campaigns for the parish and archdiocese.
- Supervises the management of parish records, electronic and paper. Ensures key processes and policies are documented and followed by employees and others as applicable. Manages parish calendar, quickly and effectively resolving any conflicts.
- Oversees the use and maintenance of all parish facilities, buildings and grounds, by parishioners and non-parishioners.
- Leads the development, implementation, use and security of technology within the parish operations. Regularly assesses parish technology, hardware and software, information and telecommunications needs. Directs the selection, implementation, maintenance, staff training, and effective and appropriate use of all parish systems, including PDS (Pastoral Data System), parish website, social media accounts and sites, office communications operating systems and networks. Ensures current patches and software upgrades are consistently maintained, and appropriate systems, data redundancy and cybersecurity protocols are in place.
- Ensures regular and thorough assessments of parish risk, providing highest level of protection and security of parishioners, employees, visitors, clients and assets, including maintaining the most cost effective liability insurance coverage. Evaluates and advises on all contracts entered into by the parish.
- Oversees the activities of 90+ parish ministries. In collaboration with various parish ministries and organizations, directs successful execution of the annual Parish Festival, Gala Dinner and other events as assigned. Participates with parish evangelization team for outreach to the unchurched and inactive Catholics, including ALPHA.
- Under the guidance of the Pastor, directs staff in the delivery of high quality services to the parish for pastoral care, music, liturgical and faith formation (RCIA, Edge, Life Teen).
- Acts as liaison for the parish with the deanery, outreach ministries, ecumenical functions, associations and community services organizations.
- Baptized Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church; strong commitment to the mission of St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church; willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends when needed
- Proven servant leader with pastoral approach to leading individuals and teams; excellent verbal and written communications, human relations and interpersonal skills; experience in communicating with appropriate sensitivity and courtesy to employees, parishioners and the general public; demonstrated ability to recognize and honor diversity within the parish community
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, human resources, finance or related field; experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- 10+ years’ experience directing and managing administrative functions, to include at minimum, finance, HR, IT, Facilities and Communications, in complex organizations with limited resources; proven successful execution of change management processes; exposure and experience collaborating with community service organizations a plus
- Self-starter; well organized with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and perform high quality work with a sense of urgency; proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook email and calendar, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experienced user of financial, human resources and other systems and databases
- Successfully pass a criminal background and credit history check.
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred but not required.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and letter of interest to: Janice Bunch at firstname.lastname@example.org.