Anyone qualified and interested in the following Staff Position, please apply by forwarding a letter of interest, resume and references to: Fr. Norman Ermis, Pastor at FrNorm@StPetersBoerne.com.
RCIA / RICA COORDINATOR
RCIA is a sacramental formation process primarily intended for those who are unbaptized (ages 7+ to adult) to prepare to receive the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist at Easter Vigil. The rite provides adaptations for those who are already baptized to prepare for a profession of faith and full communion with the Roman Catholic Church. RICA – the same process for children (all presented in Spanish).
Type of Position
Part-time, up to 25 hours per week, working specifically on Sunday’s through Wednesday’s to accommodate RCIA parish needs (with openness to changed work schedule if needed by parish).
To lead & maintain an ongoing 2-year RCIA process within the community of St. Peter the Apostle Parish using approved new curriculum (God Calls You by Name by Joyce Stalberg).
To promote increased knowledge and understanding of the Catholic faith/church and facilitate faith/spiritual growth by handing on the teachings and Traditions through dialogue, discussion and example/witness.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Schedule catechists for RCIA sessions.
• Interview and provide information for those interested in the RCIA process to establish their faith and church affiliation backgrounds, their sacramental needs, and their marital backgrounds, status and needs. This would be done in continual coordination with the pastor, including assistance with annulment applications, collection of sacramental and legal paperwork, etc.
• Collection of all required documentation to be submitted by the participants.
• Review and select RCIA materials and inventory materials on hand.
• Establish and update schedules for catechists and participants for each of the four periods of RCIA, to include Adult, Family and Spanish groups.
• Anticipates, preplans and executes inquiries and all rites and passages of the RCIA in collaboration with the pastor and parish staff.
• Contact, commit and schedule guest speakers as needed. • Coordinate all preparation, rehearsal, etc. leading up to the yearly Easter Vigil celebration.
• Collaborates with parish sacramental records assuring that all entries are made for those being received into the church with sacraments received. • Review annual budget and monitor it yearly. Relevant Work/Ministry experience and Education
• Master’s Degree in Theology or related field OR Level II Catechist Certification, Archdiocesan Catechetical Center, and readiness to complete Level III.
• Present or previous involvement in parochial ministries (2 years or more), with specific experience and familiarity with the RCIA process and rites.
Assists in Other Parish Responsibilities assigned by pastor, including
• Oversee coordination of catechetical certification courses/training/offerings (Level 1-3) in the parish as needed and per archdiocesan rules and regulations.
• Assist with catechetical certification application process, review and submit applications for catechists and monitor status.
• Assist with the coordination and execution of special liturgy plans throughout the year in addition to those in RCIA (e.g. Mass of Remembrance, Advent Reconciliation Services, etc.)
• Liturgy Committee Member. Record Liturgy Meetings and transcribe the minutes in a timely fashion to return to Director of Liturgy for approval and distribution for “Action Item” follow-up.
• Coordinate Paschal Seder Meal with Event Planner, solicit volunteers and assign speaking parts (to be determined).
• Maintain scheduling, etc., of Mass Intentions.
EDGE YOUTH MINISTER
We are looking for someone to fill the position of “Edge Youth Minister” at St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church in Boerne, TX. This is a temporary (1-year) part-time position (12-15 hours per week) with the possibility of becoming a permanent part-time position. The ideal candidate will:
• Work most Wednesday evenings through the school year (September-May); approximately 4:00 - 9:00 pm, leading Edge Nights, weekly faith formation for middle school youth (6th-8th grade), which averages approximately 100 youth per week
• Do the necessary prep work prior to each Edge night, including communicating with the Core Team as well as set-up and break down of Edge Night · Be adept at small group preparation and understand the necessity for evangelization and discipleship with young people
• Be responsible for recruiting, supporting and training Core members for the middle school youth
• Co-coordinate and co-lead a weekend retreat in October
• Be available to co-coordinate and co-lead special events
• Occasionally attend staff meetings and area meetings for the Diocese and Life Teen (2:42 Meetings), when possible
• Be available to possibly attend summer events, including Edge “summer study” after VBS (June) and Edge Camp Hidden Lake (July)
• Assist the Youth Ministry Coordinator & Assistant Coordinator in implementing a Parent Life ministry
• Candidate must be a practicing Catholic in good standing and should have great communication skills, written and verbal, and relational skills with a solid understanding and practice of the Catholic Faith; as well as be adept at social media communication and practices
The candidate will report to the Coordinator of Youth Ministry & Confirmation and will receive administrative support and assistance from the Assistant Coordinator of Youth Ministry & Confirmation.
Submit resumes to Lacey Sorrell • Lacey@StPetersBoerne.com