Cana Ballroom, St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church
St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church of Boerne has an excellent opportunity for an Event Coordinator. The position provides event coordination and planning support for The Cana Ballroom and Activity Center / Gymnasium in addition to client development and planning for the Parish. Events include, but are not limited to: Wedding Receptions, Fundraising Galas, Funeral Meals, Conferences, Corporate Meetings and Events, as well as Parish activities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist clients, Parish staff and volunteers to plan and coordinate all details of events in The Cana Ballroom and Activity Center / Gymnasium based on the needs and goals
- Ensure that client events are planned and implemented with meticulous attention to detail and exceptional customer service
- Often meet with clients during afterhours for pre-event planning meetings to gather information for layout, facility timeline, vendor confirmation and scheduling
- Secure dates within Parish calendar, review contracts in great detail with clients, uphold rules and regulations, and process client payments for use of Activity Center / Gymnasium
- For Parish events, ensure proper kitchen training is provided for volunteers, and paper goods and other serving supplies are adequate
- Organize and manage inventories of facility space, rental properties and other items regularly stocked by The Cana Ballroom and Activity Center / Gymnasium
- Inventory paper goods stock for Parish events and funeral meals · Ensure The Cana Ballroom and Activity Center Kitchens are in order for events
- Coordinate security through Boerne Police Department
- Assist in coordinating and helping vendors prepare for event set-up and tear-down
- When assigned to work at an event, act and dress professionally and act as point person for client, providing direction, coordination and oversight of all vendors and maintenance before, during and post event
- Manage Catering Policies with client’s contracted Caterers, and keep insurance liability on file and up to date
- Assist with contracts and coordination of client payments
- The Event Coordinator will report directly to and work in conjunction with The Cana Ballroom Event Manager
Qualified candidates must have:
- Outstanding customer service and engaging personality. Candidate must be able to professionally communicate with diverse audiences and mediate when difficult situations arise.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in a service oriented position.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and excellent computer skills required. Event management system, database, and mail merge experience preferred.
- Knowledge of social marketing techniques is a plus.
- Superior organizational skills. Looking for a detail-oriented person who can manage time efficiently, and demonstrate the ability to work independently, as well as take the initiative to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to perform multilevel tasks, troubleshoot, be flexible, think quickly and react decisively, while being professional.
- Ability to handle difficulties with grace and provide problem solving solutions. Because this is a Catholic establishment, a faith based perspective, moral stance, and pastoral disposition is necessary.
- Ability to work thirty (30) hours per week on a flexible schedule, and often requires early morning, late night and weekend hours.
Education: High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in event planning and coordinating
Qualified candidates may submit resume to: Jamie Pontillo, Event Manager, The Cana Ballroom - email@example.com