This part-time time position is 25 – 29 hours a week. The main responsibility is to provide assistance to the Pastor and manage the many daily responsibilities for the Parish.
- Provides direct support to the Pastor and Parish Operations director for all administrative needs including, answer e-mail, returning messages, managing calendar.
- Provides coverage for the front desk, including answering the phone, receiving Parishioners and guest during lunch and as a back-up.
- Arranges and coordinates events for staff such as birthday celebrations, and other special events.
- Assists in planning and coordination of Parish Appreciation Dinner, Ministry Fair, Parish Festival and other activities.
- Coordinates weekend events at parish such as Blood Drives and other similar events.
- Manages and coordinates Fellowship Sunday events.
- Prepares and assist with Mass preparation including scheduling pulpit talks, prayers to the faithful and Mass Intentions.
- Maintains and organizes Family Life Center Kitchen.
- Researches, organizes and completes administrative responsibilities, as directed, on topics that cross the Pastor’s desk, i.e., admissions, applications packages.
- Writes, maintains and distributes meeting minutes and agenda for staff meeting and any other assigned meetings.
- Writes correspondence and other messages for the Pastor, on behalf of the Parish.
- Directs the printing and mailing of the Parish mailers and all in-house printing as assigned.
- Organizes the bulk-mailing ministry.
- Organizes and executes the Parish Pictorial Directory.
- Responsible for managing Rice Bowl, Devotional Books, etc.
- Secures and schedules all substitute Priest as needed.
- Orders Liturgical items (paschal candle, ashes, palms, as well as Christmas and Easter gifts)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Great written and oral communication skills (Both Spanish and English preferred).
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Detailed oriented and excellent in time management.
- Must be well organized and be very effective in follow-up.
- Basic knowledge of computer technology a must.
- Previous administrative experience a plus, but not required.
Hours are negotiable though tentative schedule is 25 – 29 hours a week working on Mon, Tue, Wed and Friday.
Must successfully pass a background, criminal history and credit history check. Must have a clean, neat appearance and professional demeanor.
All interested individuals, contact or send résumé to
Brad Wakely, Parish Operations Director
(830) 816-5636 • Brad@StPetersBoerne.com