This full-time position is responsible for the marketing and management of the Cana Ballroom and the gym. The Cana Ballroom is the largest and most premier venue in Boerne and the surrounding area. This position requires the person to be the “public face” of St. Peter’s through interaction and involvement in the Parish and community.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and oversee sales and marketing strategies for The Cana Ballroom and Gym at St. Peter’s Parish.
• Develop strategies to increase event sales
• Plan, coordinate and oversee all advertising
- Manage and oversee budget of The Cana Ballroom. Coordinate with Pastor and Parish Operations Director in managing advertising and marketing budget to optimize return.
- Educate the parish community, Chamber of Commerce, Visitors Bureau and potential clients about our venues, the church, and the services we provide by managing networking, website presence, social media and other marketing and advertising tools.
- Work with clients and parish staff/volunteers to coordinate all Cana Ballroom and Activity Center events, meetings, and receptions based on the needs and goals of each client.
• Secure dates within Parish calendar, provide contracts, rules and regulations, and process client payments for use of The Cana Ballroom and Activity
• Manage linen set-up, or ensure usage of St. Peter’s inventory or coordinate with scheduled vendor.
• For parish events, ensure proper kitchen training is provided and paper goods and serving supply is adequate.
- Professionally advise and assist clients with vendor logistics/delivery timeline and plan layout/set-up of the facility for events hosted in The Cana Ballroom and Activity Center.
- Act as point person, or assign staffing, for clients and vendors during an event and uphold policies and timeline for each event in relation to the facility.
- Problem-solve on-the-fly as needed to ensure smooth and satisfactory resolution of unexpected situations during events.
- Conduct after-event evaluations to maintain and improve quality, efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Oversee inventories of rental properties and paper goods for The Cana Ballroom and Activity Center.
- Manage cleaning of facilities for Events and coordinate efforts through Facility Manager and cleaning vendor.
- Provide monthly activity reports to include:
• Calendar of Bookings
• Revenue Forecast by Month through end of Fiscal Year
• Marketing and Sales Activity
• Current Client List for Pending Events, such as Weddings, Business Events & Parishioners
The person hired to this position must have a strong commitment to the mission of St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church and be in full communion with the Catholic Church. Must have good communications skills, verbal and written. Excellent & proven public relation skills, problem solver with attention to detail. Person must exercise courtesy to fellow employees, parishioners and the general public. Must be able to plan and organize work effectively and efficiently. This person must be able to maintain confidentiality while working collaboratively in a team environment. Effective writing and communications skills required. Must be able to create and write correspondence on behalf of the Church independently. Ability to read and write in both English and Spanish a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Products, including Word, Outlook and Excel a must. Knowledge of computer technology is required.
Education and Experience
The person hired to this position must be a High school graduate or equivalent experience. This person must have at least three years of successful event marketing management or equivalent. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, when needed. Bilingual a plus.
Must successfully pass a background, criminal history and credit history check. Must have a clean, neat appearance and professional demeanor.
If you are interested in applying for the Event Manager position, please email your résumé to Brad Wakely at Brad@StPetersBoerne.com.
YOUTH MINISTER COORDINATOR
This full-time time position is 40 hours a week. The main responsibility is to provide assistance to the Pastor and manage the many daily responsibilities for the Parish.
- Assist Director of Youth Ministry primarily with Edge, but also with Life Teen and all other youth ministry from Middle School to High School including Confirmation Retreat and Teen ACTS Retreat
- Coordinate & plan for Edge Nights, weekly faith formation for middle school (6th - 8th grade), which averages approximately 90-100 youth per week (including making copies, gathering supplies, set-up, clean up etc.)
- Communicate weekly with parents via “Edge E-news” about goals for weekly lessons as well as other information regarding the the Edge ministry; maintain relationships with parents
- Provide relational ministry by interacting with and getting to the know the middle school youth; continue relational ministry with high school youth through EDGE Core Team; attending Life Teen Mass and assisting the Life Teen ministry by being present at Life Nights
- Assist Director of Youth Ministry with the 8th grade transition activities (retreats etc.)
- Maintain youth permission & liability forms as required by the Archdiocese for middle school youth
- Maintain weekly attendance sheets
- Create and maintain the yearly ministry budget
- Help to organize the yearly EGDE Stations of the Cross performance including soup supper
- Coordinate the yearly weekend retreat including advertising, collecting money, maintaining forms as required by the Archdiocese, ordering shirts, paying bills, etc.
- Attend area meetings for diocese and Life Teen (2:42 meetings), when possible
- Chaperone teens to Archdiocesan events throughout the year
- Work with other youth ministers to set goals for middle school and high school youth ministry programs
- Attend staff meetings to maintain effective communication and relationships with all staff members and especially parish receptionist
- Meet with other Faith Formation Staff on a regular basis to help foster cohesiveness among all Faith Formation levels
- Work with other staff members on Family Faith Formation events
- Attend Pastoral Priority Committee meetings to maintain effective communication and relationships with other ministry leads in catechesis and youth/young adult priorities
- Degree in theology, pastoral ministry, religious education or equivalent experience preferred but not required.
- Minimum five (3) years of leadership experience in diocesan or parish/school ministry to youth.
- Leadership experience includes ministry in multicultural settings.
- Familiarity with Edge, NFCYM, Life Teen, and Steubenville Conferences.
Required Essential Skills
- Practicing Catholic with pastoral ministry experience in multicultural context.
- Strong interpersonal and communication ability with particular emphasis on speaking and presentation skills.
- Must have strong leadership ability and personnel management skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to assess the needs of parish young adult ministry and campus ministry leadership
- Ability to provide leadership in a highly multicultural context with diplomacy, respect, and with the goal of providing solution-support to ministry leaders.
- Ability to independently plan, prioritize and organize
- Ability to relate to and work with others in a cooperative manner and in a team model.
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Operating knowledge of social media Degree in theology, pastoral ministry, religious education or equivalent experience preferred but not required.
Schedule is negotiable though must work forty hours and on Sunday and evenings.
Must successfully pass a background, criminal history and credit history check. Mut have a clean, neat appearance and professional demeanor.
If you are interested in applying for the Youth Ministry Coordinator position, please email your résumé to Lacey Sorrell at Lacey@StPetersBoerne.com.