YOUTH MINISTER COORDINATOR
This full-time time position is 40 hours a week. The main responsibility is to run the middle school program and provide assistance to Director of Youth Ministry.
- Assist Director of Youth Ministry primarily with Edge, but also with Life Teen and all other youth ministry from Middle School to High School including Confirmation Retreat and Teen ACTS Retreat
- Coordinate & plan for Edge Nights, weekly faith formation for middle school (6th - 8th grade), which averages approximately 90-100 youth per week (including making copies, gathering supplies, set-up, clean up etc.)
- Communicate weekly with parents via “Edge E-news” about goals for weekly lessons as well as other information regarding the the Edge ministry; maintain relationships with parents
- Provide relational ministry by interacting with and getting to the know the middle school youth; continue relational ministry with high school youth through EDGE Core Team; attending Life Teen Mass and assisting the Life Teen ministry by being present at Life Nights
- Assist Director of Youth Ministry with the 8th grade transition activities (retreats etc.)
- Maintain youth permission & liability forms as required by the Archdiocese for middle school youth
- Maintain weekly attendance sheets
- Create and maintain the yearly ministry budget
- Help to organize the yearly EGDE Stations of the Cross performance including soup supper
- Coordinate the yearly weekend retreat including advertising, collecting money, maintaining forms as required by the Archdiocese, ordering shirts, paying bills, etc.
- Attend area meetings for diocese and Life Teen (2:42 meetings), when possible
- Chaperone teens to Archdiocesan events throughout the year
- Work with other youth ministers to set goals for middle school and high school youth ministry programs
- Attend staff meetings to maintain effective communication and relationships with all staff members and especially parish receptionist
- Meet with other Faith Formation Staff on a regular basis to help foster cohesiveness among all Faith Formation levels
- Work with other staff members on Family Faith Formation events
- Attend Pastoral Priority Committee meetings to maintain effective communication and relationships with other ministry leads in catechesis and youth/young adult priorities
- Degree in theology, pastoral ministry, religious education or equivalent experience preferred but not required
- Minimum five (3) years of leadership experience in diocesan or parish/school ministry to youth
- Leadership experience includes ministry in multicultural settings
- Familiarity with Edge, NFCYM, Life Teen, and Steubenville Conferences
Required Essential Skills
- Practicing Catholic with pastoral ministry experience in multicultural context
- Strong interpersonal and communication ability with particular emphasis on speaking and presentation skills
- Must have strong leadership ability and personnel management skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to assess the needs of parish young adult ministry and campus ministry leadership
- Ability to provide leadership in a highly multicultural context with diplomacy, respect, and with the goal of providing solution-support to ministry leaders
- Ability to independently plan, prioritize and organize
- Ability to relate to and work with others in a cooperative manner and in a team model
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Operating knowledge of social media.
Schedule is negotiable though must work forty hours and on Sunday and Wednesday evenings.
Must successfully pass a background, criminal history and credit history check. Mut have a clean, neat appearance and professional demeanor.
If you are interested in applying for the Youth Ministry Coordinator position, please email your résumé to Lacey Sorrell at Lacey@StPetersBoerne.com.