The following guidelines take into consideration the policy of the Archdiocese of San Antonio and customary practices of St. Peter the Apostle Parish. Please read them carefully. We appreciate your cooperation and may God bless you and your families as you plan for your wedding.
We are happy to hear you are planning to seal your relationship in the Catholic covenant of marriage. The parishioners and staff wish to extend to you the hospitality of our church as you plan and prepare your wedding liturgy.
Making the Arrangements
1) The couple will meet with the pastor the number of times specified by the officiating minister.
2) The Archdiocesan policy calls for at least six months advance notice.
3) After the initial meeting with the pastor the couple will make arrangements to attend an Engaged Encounter Weekend at Oblate Renewal Center in San Antonio, Phone (210) 349-4173. The weekend should be completed several months prior to the marriage date.
A Pre-Cana Day sponsored by the Family Life Office (210- 734-2620 ext. 214) is recommended in addition to the Engaged Encounter Weekend.
4) Couples will receive a booklet to help them plan the wedding liturgy. The booklet “Together for Life” has a selection of scripture readings, prayers, vows, etc.
5) Documents you will need:
· Baptismal certificates
· Marriage license
· If previously married – Annulment decree if applicable. Divorce papers if applicable
· If couple is from a parish other than St. Peter’s – their pastor’s permission
Remember! Contact Father Norm to set up an appointment at least six months in advance of the wedding date.
Father Norm Ermis