COME AWAY WITH ME SILENT RETREAT
March 21, 2020 • 8:30 am - 5:00 pm • St. Peter's Upon this Rock Campus • $30
Led by Spiritual Directors from St. Peter Upon the Water: A Center for Spiritual Direction and Formation, this is a one-day parish retreat for men and women. Take time for silence, reflection, prayer and faith sharing - a great way to spend quiet time with our Lord in addition to an introduction for those who have never experienced a silent retreat. A simple breakfast and lunch will be included. The day will begin with a Mass. Please bring your Bible and journal; leave your cell phones in your car! Comfortable clothes and walking shoes are suggest in order to spend time outdoors, weather permitting. Please register no later than March 16. You may register below or by calling Mary Ann Hawn at (830) 534-7373. Registration forms are also available in the parish office.
What is Spiritual Direction?
A spiritual director listens with sacred presence and attends to the entire person. A spiritual director offers a gentle, non-judgmental and confidential place of welcome. Prayer, contemplation and personal reflection are important to the process of spiritual direction.
Why seek Spiritual Direction?
Spiritual Direction may be something to seriously consider if
- You are experiencing a new sense of God in your life
- You are feeling distant from God
- You are facing an important decision or discerning a call
- You have a desire to deepen your relationship with God
- You are facing a transition in your life
- You are involved in ministry with the Church
- You feel like you are stuck or at an impasse in your life
What to look for in a Spiritual Director
Spiritual Direction has had a long and respected tradition in the history of Christianity. The desert fathers and mothers were sought out to share a word, to listen, to invite persons into deeper relationship with God. So it is today, as spiritual direction provides revitalization for God's people.
When seeking a spiritual director, one may consider the following:
- Does the director receive spiritual direction on a regular basis?
- Does the director take part in an individual or peer group supervision experience on a regular basis?
- Does the prospective director engender hospitality and empathy?
Bonnie Caruso (in English) • H (830) 336-4473 • C (210) 323-8977 • [email protected]
Mary Ann Hawn (in English) • C (830) 534-7373 • [email protected]
Hector Lopez (in English) (en español) • (210) 862-2848 • [email protected]
Deacon Kenneth Nickel (in English) • C (830) 377-5838 • [email protected]
Dorene Oesterreicher (in English) • H (830) 249-1213 • C (210) 722-6284 • [email protected]
Kelley Ward (in English) • C (210) 502-0184 • [email protected]